Flowmasonic series WUF100 CF clamp on ultrasonic flow meter is ultrasonic flow meter adopts a state-of-the-art, single-board technology featuring high precision, high reliability, high performance, low price, etc. that make it the ultrasonic flow meter of choice by many customers from all over the world.
WUF 100 CF Clamp on ultrasonic flow meter is available in market in various sizes, designs and shapes. It is highly appreciated for their long functional life.
- Non-invasive clamp-on Technology
- Easy to install
- No pressure drop, moving parts, leakage or corrosion
- No pipe cutting or process interruption
- Measurement independent of fluid properties
- Wide Bi-directional flow range
- The sensors being clamp-on type, there’s no pressure loss. The sensors are easily mounted on the surface of the pipe without interrupting the flow for installation or maintenance.
- Advanced intelligent display, computation and printing(data logger) to suit user’s diversified requirement. The flow is displayed in all pertinent engineering units. It runs out of regular AC power (110V/220V), or DC power.
- Using the most advanced direct-time-measuring method, the meter offers a signal resolution of 0.2ns. In addition, advanced data processing functions ensure Flowmasonic series WUF100 CF of high linearity.
- Signal outputs including current signal, frequency signal, serial data, switch outputs(1 OCT and 1 relay output). All the outputs displayed on the unit can be transmitted to a PC via RS-232/485 for further processing or storage.
- The Flowmasonic WUF 100CF is designed to measure the fluid velocity of liquid within a closed conduit. The transducers are a non-contacting, clamp-on type, which will provide benefits of non-fouling operation and easy installation.
|Velocity Range||: 0~±10m/s, Bi-directional measurement|
|Pipe Size||: DN32~DN6000mm|
|Type of Liquid||: Single liquid than can transmit ultrasound, such as water, sea water, sewage, oil, alcohol, etc.|
|Pipe Material||: Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, PVC, Aluminum, glass steel, etc. Liner is allowed.|
|Signal Output||: 1 way 4-20mA output
1 way OCT pulse output
1 way Relay output
|Signal Input||: 3 way 4-20mA input, achieve to heat measurement by connecting PT100 platinum resistor,.|
|Interface||: RS485, support MODBUS|
|Units (User Configured)||Rate : Meter, feet, cubic meter, cubic feet, USA gallon, oil barrel, USA liquid barrel, imperial liquid barrel, million USA gallons
Time : second, minute, hour, day
|Data Storage||: SD card Data Logger: Built-in, stores over 2000 lines of data|
|Power Supply||: DC8~36V or AC85~264V|
The main unit is suitable for wall mounting, used in most situation with no special requirements. Optional clamp on transducers, measuring range from DN32-DN6000mm
Working Principle of Transit-Time Technology
For the measurement, two ultrasonic pulses are sent through the medium, one in flow direction, and the other against it. The transducers are alternatively working as emitter and receiver.
The transit time of the ultrasonic signal propagating in flow direction is shorter than the transit time of the signal propagating against flow direction.
The transit-time difference Δt is measured and allows the determination of the average flow velocity on the propagation path of the ultrasonic signals.
A profile correction is performed to obtain the average flow velocity on the cross-section of the pipe, which is proportional to the volume flow.
The Flowmasonic WUF100 Series transit time clamp on flow meter utilizes two transducers that function as both ultrasonic transmitters and receivers. The transducers are clamped on the outside of a closed pipe at a specific distance from each other.
The transducers of flowmasonic WUF100 flow meter can be mounted in V-method where the sound transverses the pipe twice, or W-method where the sound transverses the pipe four times, or in Z-method where the transducers are mounted on opposite sides of the pipe and the sound crosses the pipe once.
This selection of the mounting method depends on pipe and liquid characteristics. The flowmasonic series WUF100 flow meter operates by alternately transmitting and receiving a frequency modulated burst of sound energy between the two transducers and measuring the transit time that it takes for sound to travel between the two transducers. The difference in the transit time measured is directly and exactly related to the velocity of the liquid in the pipe.
Non-Invasive, Clamp-on Transducers
Since ultrasounds propagate in solids, the transducers can be mounted onto the pipe. The measurement is therefore non-invasive, and no cutting of pipes is necessary for the installation of the transducers. Because with just 3 sets of transducers, pipes ranging from 15mm to 6000mm can be covered, the ownership cost doesn’t increase as the pipe size increases, which is the decisive cost saving factor as compared to traditional flow meters.
read more…….. Manual operational WUF 100CF
Flowmasonic Series Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- WUF 100J Flowmasonic Portable Flow meter
- WUF 100CF Clamp on Fix Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- WUF 100IR In Line Remote Ultrasonic Flow Meter
You must be logged in to post a comment.