Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter is a transit-time flow meter principle with clamp-on installation methods. When installing flowmasonic WUF 620 CF clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter transducer without flow stop and pipe cutting, simple installation and convenient for online comparison. Different sizes of transducers can measure different sizes‟ pipe.
Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter General Descriptions
User also can mount hoops on unweldable pipe surface. Optional thermal energy measuring function. Widely applied in processing monitoring, water balance test, district heating balance test, energy efficiency monitoring etc.
Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter utilizes the difference of ultrasonic pulse forwarding and reversing flow rate to measure flow. Use a pair of transducers to transmit and receive signal alternately. Transducer signal travels faster downstream than upstream. Obtain transit-time △t by measuring signal travel time in downstream and upstream, the average flow velocity can be detained according to △t and velocity V. The volume flow Q can be calculated out of the flow velocity V and pipe profile S.
Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Meter utilizes transit-time principle. The Flowmasonic transducer is mounted outside surface of the pipe without requirements of flow stop or pipe cutting. It’s very simple, convenient for installation, calibration and maintenance. Different sizes of transducers satisfy different measuring demand. Plus, select thermal energy measuring function to achieve completely energy analysis. It is widely applied in processing monitoring, water balance test, district heating balance test, energy efficiency monitoring as easy installation and simple operation advantages.
The Features of Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF
- 4 Lines Display Velocity, Flow Rate, Volume And Meter Status
- Clamp-on Mounted, Unnecessary Pipe Cutting Or Processing Interruption
- Acceptable Fluid Temperature Range -40°C~260°C
- Built-in Data Storage Is Optional
- Selecting Temperature Sensor PT1000 To Achieve Thermal Energy Measurement Function
- Suitable For DN20-DN6000 Flow Measurement By Selecting Different Size Transducers
- Insertion flow meter is suitable for measuring DN65-6000 pipeline flow
- Bi-directional measurement, flow range from 0.01m/s to 12m/s
- Available for transducers with water proof or ip68 class
- Available dual power supply 220 VAC and 24 VDC
The Applications of Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF
- Water Utility
- Water Conservancy & Resource
- College & University
- Draining Company
- Heating Supply Industry
- Petrochemical Industry
The Specifications of WUF 620 CF
Transmitter WUF 620 CF
- Measuring Principle Transit-time
- Velocity 0.01 – 12 m/s, Bi-directional measurement
- Resolution 0.25mm/s
- Repeatability 0.2%
- Accuracy ±1.0% R
- Response Time 0.5s
- Sensitivity 0.003m/s
- Damping 0-99s(settable by user )
- Suitable Fluid Clean or tiny amounts of solids, air bubbles liquid , Turbidity <10000 ppm
- Power Supply AC: 85-265V DC:12- 36V/500mA
- Installation Wall Mounted
- Protection Class IP66
- Operating Temperature -40℃ -75℃
- Enclosure Material Fiberglass
- Display 4X8 Chinese Or 4X16 English, Backlit
- Measuring Unit Meter, Ft, m³, liter, ft³, gallon, barrel etc.
- Communication Output 4~20mA, OCT, Relay, RS485 (Modbus-RUT), Date Logger, GPRS
- Energy Measuring Unit Unit :GJ, Opt: KWh
- Security Keypad Lockout, System Lockout
- Size 244*196*114(mm)
- Weight 3kg
Transducer WUF 620 CF
- Protection Class IP67 ( Optional to IP 68 )
- Fluid Temperature
- Std. transducer -40℃~85℃(Max.120℃)
- High Temp -40℃~260℃
- Pipe Size 20mm~6000mm
- Transducer Size :
- S (20mm~50mm)
- M (40mm~1000mm)
- L (1000mm~6000mm)
- Transducer Material Std. Aluminium alloy, High Temp.(PEEK)
- Temperature Sensor PT1000
- Cable Length Std. 10m (customized)
Window for selecting pipe material, familiar pipe materials include: (The materials must be equable, compact and can transmit ultrasound)
- .Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Cast iron
- Ductile iron
Fluid Type for WUF 620 CF
This ultrasonic flow meter WUF 620 CF can be used for the following types of homogeneous liquids :
- Sea Water
- Diesel Oil
- .Castor Oil
- Peanut Oil
- Fuel oil
- Gasoline #90
- Crude Oil
- Gasoline #93
- Propane at -45℃
Flow Unit Selection
The Ultrasonic low meter WUF 620 CF has many options if you want to display various units of flow rate units. This window is used for selecting flow rate unit and time unit. Select flow unit:
- Cubic Meters (m3)
- Liters (l)
- American Gallon (gal)
- Imperial Gallon (igl)
- Million Gallon (mgl)
- Cubic Feet (cf)
- American Barrels (bal)
- Imperial Barrels (ib)
- Oil Barrels (ob)
- Select time unit:
- /day （d）
- /minute （m）
- /second （s）
Thermal Energy Measuring Function for Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF
Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF serial ultrasonic flow meter(except handheld) has built-in thermal energy measurement function. The flow meter can automatically calculate fluid energy, display energy flow rate and net energy volume. Temperature signal is inputted by T1,T2 terminals. Thermal energy=flowdensity(T1 enthalpy-T2 enthalpy) Energy=flow×density×(T1 enthalpy-T2 enthalpy). T1，T2 thermal enthalpy is automatically calculate by heat meter according to international standard. M05 Display energy flow rate, net flow rate.
- Menu 06 Display T1、T2 temperature value.
- Menu 63 and M64 set temperature range
- Menu 84 Energy unit selection, GJ or KWh.
- Menu 85 Temperature signal source selection, input T1、T2, fixed temperature difference.
- Menu 86 Select the thermal capacity according to international standard.
- Menu 87 Open or close energy flow totalizer.
- Menu 88 Totalizer multiplier factor selection, default:x1.
- Menu 89 Reset energy totalizer
Clamp-on transducer installation (Measuring Point Selection)
Ultrasonic flow meter is simplest and most convenient to install among all flow meters, just need to select one suitable measuring point and input the pipe parameters into flow meter, finally bundle transducer on the pipe. To keep measuring accuracy, users need to select uniform flow field when choosing measuring point, generally follow below principles:
When selecting a measurement site, it is important to select an area where the fluid flow profile is fully developed to guarantee a highly accurate measurement. Use the following guidelines to select a proper installation site:
- Choose a section of pipe that is always full of liquid, such as a vertical pipe with flow in the upward direction or a full horizontal pipe.
- Ensure enough straight pipe length at least equal to the figure shown below for the upstream and downstream transducers installation.
- Ensure that the pipe surface temperature at the measuring point is within the transducer temperature limits
- .Consider the inside condition of the pipe carefully. If possible, select a section of pipe where the inside is free of excessive corrosion or scaling.
- Keep the temperature of measuring point in workable range.
- Keep far from electromagnetic interference source, shaking pipe, frequency conversion and ultrasonic radial area.
- Measuring point must have necessary straight pipe, generally upstream is 10D(D is diameter of pipe, same as below) downstream is 5D. Specific installation of straight pipe please refer to below figure :
- Pipe parameters entered must be RIGHT; Otherwise the flow meter will not work properly.
- During the installation, apply enough couplants in order to stick the transducer onto the pipe wall.
- While checking the signal strength and Q value, move the transducer slowly around the mounting site until the strongest signal and maximum Q value can be obtained.
- Make sure that the larger the pipe diameter, the more the transducer should be moved. Check to be sure the mounting spacing is accordance with the display in Window M25 and the transducer is mounted at the pipe‟s centerline on the same diameter.
- Pay special attention to those pipes that formed by steel rolls (pipe with seams), since such pipe is always irregular. If the signal strength is always displayed as 0.00, that means there is no signal detected.
- Thus, it is necessary to check that the parameters (including all the pipe parameters) have been entered accurately. Check to be sure the transducer mounting method has been selected properly, the pipe is not worn-out, and the liner is not too thick.
- Make sure there is fluid in the pipe or the transducer is not very close to a valve or elbow, and there are not too many air bubbles in the fluid, etc. With the exception of these reasons, if there is still no signal detected, the measurement site has to be changed.
- Make sure that the flow meter is able to run properly with high reliability. The stronger the signal strength displayed, the higher the Q value reached. The longer the flow meter runs accurately, the higher the reliability of the flow rates displayed.
- If there is interference from ambient electromagnetic waves or the signal detected is too poor, the flow value displayed is not reliable; consequently, the capability for reliable operation is reduced.
- After the installation is complete, power on the instrument and check the result accordingly.
Performance Index for Flowmasonic WUF 620 CF
|Velocity||0.01 – 12 m/s, Bi-directional Measurement|
|Accuracy||±1.0% of Reading|
|Damping||0-99s(settable by user )|
|Suitable Fluid||Suitable Fluid Clean or tiny amounts of solids, air bubbles liquid , Turbidity<10000 ppm|
|Power Supply||AC: 85-265V DC:12- 36V/500mA|
|Operating Temperature||to +75℃|
|Measuring Unit||meter,ft,m³,liter,ft³,gallon,barrel etc.|
|Communication Output||4~20mA, OCT, Relay, RS485 (Modbus-RUT), Data Logger ,GPRS|
|Energy Unit||Unit : GJ,Opt: KWh|
|Security||Keypad Lockout, System Lockout|