Seametrics Insert flow meter
The TX100/200-Series are adjustable depth insertion turbines that come in brass or 316 stainless models to fit 3” to 40” pipe. Installation fittings are standard 1-1/2″ (101/201) or 2” (115/215) FNPT. Fittings such as saddles and weldolets may be purchased either locally or from Seametrics.
Ruby bearings and a non-drag pickoff give these adjustable insertion turbine flow sensors a wide flow range and long life. A sensor detects the passage of miniature magnets in the rotor blades. The resulting square-wave signal can be sent for hundreds of feet without a transmitter, over unshielded cable. This signal can be connected directly to many PLC’s and other controls without any additional electronics.
If desired, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT415 (battery powered) or FT420 (loop powered) provides digital rate and total display, as well as programmable pulse; the FT420 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. The AO55 is a blind analog (4-20 mA) transmitter. Programmable pulse for pump pacing is available with the PD10.
The “hot-tap” models (TX115/215) can be installed or serviced without shutting down the line by means of a 2” full-port isolation valve that comes with a nipple for installation on the pipe fitting. In most circumstances, no special tool is required.
- Two sizes fit entire pipe range: TX101 to 10″, TX201 to 48″
- Turbine rotor to optimize minimum flow limits
- High quality ruby bearings for long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Square-wave frequency output can connect directly to PLC’s or counter controls
- Uses standard NPT threaded pipe fittings or saddles
- Compatible with all Seametrics controls
- Bidirectional indication available as option