Clamp-on flow meter for hazardous areas FM Class I, Div. 1 / 2 approved
With the FLUXUS F808, FLEXIM moves one step further and presents its first clamp-on flow meter for liquids with FM Class I, Div. 1 approval. The highly rugged FLUXUS F808 flameproof housing is suited for any industrial application. A version of this transmitter is also available with FM/FM-C Class I, Div. 2 certification.
With its connection and electronic compartment being hermetically sealed, the FLUXUS F808 provides for maximum operational safety and is especially designed for use in rough industrial environments such as in Chemical and Petrochemical plants.
In conjunction with its extremely robust transducers and the PERMAFIX transducer mounting fixture (Stainless Steel SS316 available), which ensures a permanent contact pressure to the pipe wall and an excellent mechanical stability, the FLUXUS F808 is the most reliable ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter available. As the ultrasonic transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall, the system does not suffer from wear, tear or clogging and is risk-free for leaks.
Beyond its ruggedness, FLUXUS F808 offers – due to carefully matched and temperature compensated transducers (fully ANSI / ASME compliant) – unmatched zero stability. Highly innovative digital signal processing within the flow meter provides reliable, repeatable and accurate bidirectional flow measurement over a wide turndown ratio.
The FLUXUS F808 flow meter can be installed on pipes ranging from 1/4 inch up to over 20 in diameter. Even liquid streams with high solids or gas content are not a problem due to FLEXIM’s innovative HybridTrek mode and the unique signal processing.
Baca juga: WUF 100 CF Flowmasonic Clamp On Ultrasonic Flow Meter
- Instrument with one measuring channel for exact and reliable flow measurement
- Precise bidirectional and highly dynamic flow measurement with the non-invasive clamp-on technology
- High precision at fast and slow flow rates, high temperature and zero point stability
- Transmitter housing:
- Robust and non-corrosive
- Transmitter F808**-A1 in a flameproof housing (degree of protection IP66)
- Transmitter F808**-F* in an explosionproof housing (NEMA 4X)
- F808**-A1: ATEX/IECEx
- F808**-F1: FM Class I Div. 1
- F808**-F2: FM Class I Div. 2
- The transmitter can be operated by a magnet pen without opening the housing
- Automatic loading of calibration data and transducer detection for a fast and easy set-up (less than 5 min), providing precise and long-term stable results
- User-friendly design
- Communication interfaces Modbus RTU and HART available
- Transducers available for a wide range of inner pipe diameters and fluid temperatures (-200 … +600ºC )
- ATEX/IECEx, FM Class I Div. 1 /Div. 2 approved transducers for hazardous areas available
- HybridTrek automatically switches between transit time and NoiseTrek mode of measurement when high particulate flows are encountered
- Measurement is unaffected by fluid density, viscosity and solid content (max. 10 % of volume)
- Product variant FLUXUS XLF is especially suited for precise and reliable flow measurement applications with very low flow velocities (e.g. chemical injection in oil and gas extraction)
Designed for industrial use in harsh environments, especially for oil extraction and processing in the petrochemical and chemical industry.
- Chemical industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Oil extraction and exploration
(volumetric flow rate)
|± 1 % of reading ±0.02 ft/s|
|Repeatability||0.15 % of reading ±0.02 ft/s|
|Flow velocity range||0.03 to 82 ft/s|
|Ex zone transmitter||ATEX/IECEx Zone 2, FM Class I /Div 2|
|Power supply||100-230VAC, 24DC|
|Available transducer||Shear wave|
|for Ex zones||ATEX/IECEx Zone 1/Zone 2, FM Class I – Div2|
|for pipe sizes range||0.24 inch to 255.9 inch|
|for temperature range||-40°F to +392°F|
|4-20mA HART active/passive/pulse/frequency/binary|
|Digital communication||Modbus RTU|
|Additional Information||For more detailed Information please download the Technical Specifications|
You must be logged in to post a comment.