Macnaught M Series Flow Meter offers an extensive selection of oval gear meters differentiated by its flow rate capabilities, with the ability to handle a wide range of fluid viscosities with exceptional levels of repeatability and durability. With an outstanding meter design that minimizes the number of wearable and replaceable parts that offer a longer and extended product life. Tested and supplied with an individual test report, these meters are made to the highest precision.
Macnaught Americas is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Macnaught Pty Ltd and oversees all business operations in Canada, the USA, Mexico, Central / South America & The Caribbean Basin marketplaces. Established in Tampa FL in 1989, our location stocks MX and M Series Meters and Meter parts along with a healthy Inventory of Grease, Oil & Fuel fluid transfer pumps, Retractable Hose Reels and dispensing items. The Tampa staff has decades of advanced applications experience & can quote your needs quickly.
Macnaught Pty Ltd, is a privately owned Sydney, Australia-based corporation. Established in 1948, Macnaught has been designing and manufacturing industrial grade Positive Displacement Oval Gear Flow Meters, Retractable Hose Reels, and Grease / Oil / Fuel Fluid Handling Products for the agriculture, automotive, chemical, industrial, general process, marine, mining, OEM and transport industries.
Leaders in our field, we design and manufacture long-lasting robust products with a commitment to provide:
- Best cost of ownership spanning the entire Macnaught product range
- Industry-leading technical product applications assistance & support
- Customer service with a high sense of urgency
- Complete client satisfaction – our goal is to develop long term customer relationships – not focus on the transaction
Macnaught’s Positive Displacement Flow Meters are suitable for a wide range of industrial applications including fuel and oil distribution, corrosive chemical, solvent measurement and high pressure applications to name a few. Macnaught offers Positive Displacement Flow Meters featuring Oval Gear technology.
The measuring principle includes two high-precision toothed oval gears, which are driven by the flow of the medium and mesh with each other: in presence of a flow, defined volumes of fluid are transported through the meter for each rotation of oval gears pair.
As the flow rate increases, so does the rotational speed of the rotors. The number of gear rotations is a measure of the amount of fluid that has passed through the meter; each rotation is detected by a sensor and the volume is calculated using a conversion factor (K factor).
A key distinction of positive displacement flow meters is that they offer direct measurement of the volumetric flow rate. Positive displacement flow meters are frequently specified as they offer high accuracy and repeatability. They readily provide measurement accuracy within +/-0.5% of the true value.
Additionally, positive displacement flow meters require no power to drive the gear operation with no special fluid conditioning (e.g. straight lengths of pipe) and are capable of handling high pressure, large flow variations and plant equipment vibration due to their robust design.
Macnaught M Series Flow Meter Features
- Mechanical Registers – No power required
- Pulse outputs available
- High Pressure and Chemical Resistant ( CR ) Models
- Proven Cast construction
- High accuracy and repeatability
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Suitable for viscous fluids
- Accuracy unaffected by changes in viscosity
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Ease of installation
- Exceptional turn-down ratio
M Series Flow Meter
- Series M1 ¼” Pulse Flow Meter
- Series M1 ¼” High Pressure Flow Meter
- Series M2 ¼” Pulse Flow Meter
- Series M2 ¼” High Pressure Flow Meters
- Series M4 ½” Mechanical Meters
- Series M4 ½” High Pressure Flow Meters
- Series M7 1” Pulse Flow Meter
- Series M10 1” Mechanical Meters
- Series M40 1½” Mechanical Meters
- Series M50 2” Mechanical Meters
- Series M80 3” Mechanical Meters
- Series M100 4” Mechanical Meters
You must be logged in to post a comment.